Small CPA Firm in Herndon, VA seeking a Junior Tax Preparer to support preparation of individual and small business tax returns.
Hours / Schedule: Hourly will fluctuate with season. During tax season (Feb – Apr) hours will be a steady 20-30/week. During off-season, hours may vary between 0 and 10
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Hybrid – remote and in-office a few days a week (in Herndon, VA)
Rate: $30-45/hour (pay rate to commensurate with experience)
Job Description: Support preparation of individual and small business tax returns. This is an opportunity for someone to train and grow into a more senior tax preparer position.
- Support preparation of federal and state income tax returns for individuals and small businesses/entities.
- Review financial records and supporting documentation to determine information needed to prepare tax returns.
- Assist in conducting research for more complicated tax issues.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 to 3 years of tax preparation experience including experience preparing tax returns for individuals and small businesses preferred, but willing to train
- Understanding and comfort with finance and accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Great client service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.