Accounting outsourcing firm specializing in helping small business grow through customized CFO and accounting support is looking for an Senior Accountant to join their team
Hours/Schedule: Part-time, 15 hours weekly
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location Requirements: Remote
The purpose of the Senior Accountant position is to ensure that the services provided to the clients are aligned with the expectations and commitments made during the engagement process. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting for firm clients. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Overall management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
- Bank, credit card and other balance sheet account reconciliations or review of such work completed by Transaction Specialist
- Payroll processing and compliance reporting
- Third Party Software Integrations with accounting software
- Review and approval of account classifications
- Review of G/L for any missing transactions and overall accuracy
- Preparation of Management Reporting Package each month
- Supervision of Transaction Specialist(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting,
- Active Certified Public Accountant (a Plus)
- Additional AICPA credentials such as CITPA a plus
- Prior accounting experience strongly preferred that involved processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll. Experience preparing payroll and related returns strongly preferred.
- Prior financial reporting experience strongly preferred including historical and forecast reports and related analyses.
- Prior experience managing a staff strongly preferred.
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Ability to develop understanding of client’s business products, services, business model and how this information impacts accounting information
- Ability to identify the proper accounting treatment for transactions and situations
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in the accounting processes and make improvements
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Ability to prioritize and focus in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technology software applications.
- Commitment to protecting client privacy, even within the firm, as appropriate.
- Ability to apply self to learning and applying technical skills.
- Co-operative team player.
- Interest in personal and professional development and advancement.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.