Small, fast paced real estate development firm looking for an accountant to work part-time in Vienna, VA.
Hours/Schedule: 20-30 hours/week, flexible schedule
Job Type: Contract to hire
Location Requirements: Vienna, VA (Work must be done onsite under Covid
Rate: $40-$50/hour based on experience.
Job Description: Senior Accountant reports directly to the company owner and is responsible for the accounting operation and project accounting.
- Provide financial reporting to support monthly, quarterly, and year-end, for Owner, Director of Finance, Investors, Lenders and/or CPA firm
- Prepare cash flow spreadsheets, monthly financial projection analyses
- Monthly closings of the General Ledger
- Prepare Tenant billings and enter receivables in cash receipts
- Monitor multiple bank accounts and process ACH/debits
- Responsible for maintaining bank ledgers in Excel
- Manage General Ledger accounts in Sage accounting system
- Review and approve accounts payable processes including invoices, expense reports and check requests while assuring integrity of the data
- Prepare and file annual 1099’s, BPOL, taxes, licenses, memberships
- Enter monthly journal entries for prepaid expenses, accruals
- Responsible for oversight of monthly invoices, ensuring invoices reconcile to revenue and system reports, reviewing support documentation
- Provide support for automated timekeeping process and process time sheets.
- Assist in establishing policies and procedures around invoicing, accounts payables, expense reporting and subcontract/consultant billing process
- Resolve collections and billing issues
- B.S. in Accounting
- 5-7 years accounting experience required
- Sage Real Estate Accounting Software experience required
- Strong proficiency in MS Office required
- Assure the integrity of the data thereby guaranteeing accurate reporting
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Attention to detail with reliable accuracy; ability to analyze, recognize, and communicate variances
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and roles within a growing organization
- Ability to conceptualize new processes/procedures and to implement them accordingly
- Discretion with sensitive data and a high level of professionalism