Position: Senior Corporate Paralegal (Part-time, Virtual)
Location: Headquarters is in Boston, MA, but work can be 100% remote. Must live in Boston or DC metro areas.
Schedule: Part-time approximately 30 hours per week.
Job Description: Provide corporate paralegal support to a variety of clients including law firms, sole proprietors and other businesses. Responsibilities include:
- Organize all types of business entities in multiple states, prepare all supporting organizational documents, issue stock, organize a hard copy or electronic minute book, and complete all filings with governmental agencies as required.
- Justify and complete foreign registrations as needed (or withdraw same); calendar and file annual reports in all jurisdictions, update and maintain corporate records; dissolve entities as required
- Prepare written consents and state filings to merge, convert or re-domesticate business entities
- Contract drafting, review and administration
- Audit and abstract all types of contracts and agreements
- Organize and manage an electronic data room
- Frame, order, review and chart lien and litigation searches; preparation and filing of UCCs; preparation of Promissory Notes and Security Agreements
- Other general paralegal tasks as assigned
- Nonprofit, real estate, securities or intellectual property experience a plus
- Reliable, sufficiently quick internet service for a busy workload
- A functional home office environment free from distractions where you can keep any hard copy work-related documents private; must have the ability to lock up and/or shred any confidential documents
- An updated, well functioning computer with suitable anti-virus protection
- Microsoft Office including updated, compatible versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A current version of Adobe Acrobat with the ability to write in and manipulate PDFs
- Highly competent in using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat; proficient and comfortable with cloud computing (Dropbox, Box, Google Docs, Sharepoint)
- Experience and comfort with entity management and capitalization table management software (e.g. Carta and Shoobx), experience with contracts management software a plus
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.