Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Company: A leader in life sciences with the mission to make people's lives healthier and safer. Through benchmark services and product brands, they accelerate research and improve patient outcomes for their many business clients.
Job Type: Contract for at least 6 months (possible extension).
Hours/Schedule: Full-time Remote
The ideal candidate is a high potential, natural relationship builder and problem solver with a keen eye for process efficiency and optimization, as consistently demonstrated through a minimum of 5 years of progressive finance/accounting experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing financial planning and analysis support to drive Annual Operating Planning, Monthly Forecasting, Strategic Planning and Quarterly Business Reviews. Specific responsibilities include accrual management, variance analyses, metric tracking and report preparation.
- Tracking and reviewing spending trends and identifying the contributing factors driving variances to key comparable points (AOP, Prior Year, Prior Forecast).
- Monitoring and approving vendor invoices related to key IT activities.
- Devising a Capital / Depreciation Model for cross-team use.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and peers to foster best practice sharing and continuous improvement practices across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen detail-orientation.
- Knowledge of internal control environments and technical accounting principles (Capital Expense v. Operating Expense).
- Strong relationship building & business partnering skills: ability to influence varying levels of leadership.
- Technical ability to effectively navigate interplay between all financial systems (Oracle, SAP, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management/CMR) and advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Capacity to successfully navigate and thrive in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Proficiency with the latest MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and related electronic tools for editing, documenting, tracking and communication.