Higher-Ed institution is looking for a full-time Senior-level Learning and Development specialist to curate and drive execution of in-person and virtual learning and OD programs for college departments and employees.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time Flex
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid – 1-2 days on site each week
Job Description: Reporting to and working with the Director, Learning & Development, design, roll-out and manage various learning and development functions for college departments and employees. Responsible for curating and creating both in-person and virtual learning and organizational development programs in alignment with HR and College strategy; as well as performing management and developmental coaching.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine individual, departmental, and institutional learning and development needs; and strategize, problem solve, design, and implement appropriate activities or interventions.
- Coordinate, manage, and assess the Leadership Cohort Program (non-executive track) for high performing and high potential leaders.
- Execute the Executive Leadership program to support new manager development and collaborate with the Director in facilitating leadership development experiences for employee growth and progression.
- Design and facilitate organizational and team development workshops, classes, and retreats for in person and virtual learning.
- Collect and analyze feedback on continuous learning activities on a college wide basis to identify programs to rerun, alter, or create from scratch.
- Plan and execute community wide event programming to foster a Learning campus.
- Partner with other learning providers across campus to maintain one learning calendar and learning resource library.
- Assess current state of learning and adoption of key skills and tools across campus.
- Complete a needs analysis and evaluation of vendors and training programs as needed and facilitate contract and invoicing process for vendors.
- Benchmark best-practice employee learning systems/processes externally.
- Continuously improve all programs and offerings based on participant feedback and best practices.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of successful related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to break down complex topics to make them easier for others to understand and apply
- Expert presentation and facilitation skills for in person, virtual, or hybrid environments
- Strength in trust building, coaching and listening skills, and the ability to protect confidences, when appropriate
- Knowledge of various assessments with the ability to debrief with individuals or groups
- Learning management platform implementation and management experience
- Excellent creative problem solving, objectivity, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse staff and faculty
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
- Motivated, independent learner with a passion for learning and organizational development topics
- Ability to keep up-to-date with information and trends relevant to the role, the organization, and in the industry
- Embrace ideas and changes created by all community members; seek and appreciate constructive thoughts, ideas, and feedback from others
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Highly independent; take initiative; and challenges self to be and do one's best
- Strong technological skills for Microsoft Office or Google products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as an overall high level of technological savviness
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.