Non profit located in Alexandria, VA is looking for a Senior Manager, Membership Recruitment, Retention and Engagement
Hours/Schedule: Full time flex
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Remote or Hybrid
Rate: $90,000 salary with benefits
Responsible for the development and implementation of membership recruitment and retention plans, messaging, and analytics, and budgets. This position requires an individual who has a solid understanding of best practices in membership recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- Responsible for development and implementation of all membership engagement, acquisition, and retention strategies tactics, and analytics.
- Develops and implements continuous, comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns (direct mail, email digital, etc.) that leverage the use of testing, analytics, and data with a goal of converting non-members to members, and measurably improve overall member/user experience and increase member engagement.
- Builds campaign components across marketing channels, including email, video, social media, print, etc.
- Analyzes campaign performance data, trends and statistics and generates reports measuring response, engagement, return on investment, and progress against goals. Interprets qualitative and quantitative data and uses it to make sound membership marketing decisions.
- Develops, implements, and tracks results of new member onboarding process to promote member benefits and products and services with the goal of increasing engagement and retention of the new members.
- Maximizes user experiences through the creation of membership journey maps and segments.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications departments and other appropriate divisions, partners, and volunteer leadership to drive brand awareness product awareness and usage among members, prospective members, and other target audiences.
- Manages copywriters, designers, data processing and mailing vendors on the design, production, and distribution of membership collateral materials, electronic and print and campaigns.
- Markets and promotes new and existing member benefits.
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Membership and Customer Service and the Managing Director on the development of annual membership strategic goals, budgets, and reports.
- Monitors activities relative to membership and the Member Associations, to provide advice and guidance and to identify and propagate best practices for recruitment and retention.
- Ensures that membership value proposition is enhanced and communicated.
- Manages other membership projects as determined in support of membership department objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years relevant experience in developing and implementing successful membership acquisition, UX, membership retention and engagement programs and customer service within a membership association setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of association management systems. Salesforce or Fonteva experience strongly preferred.
- Strong computer background with proficiency in -Microsoft Office Suite, digital marketing channels and technology, including social media, Google Analytics, and marketing automation systems, such as Marketo or Hubspot required. Marketo experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with constituents, including a pleasant, friendly, and courteous telephone manner; strong customer service skills; demonstrated ability to maintain records and information in an organized manner.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot, document and guide customers through their membership experience to positively affect customer loyalty.
- Ability to work collaboratively in formal teams and informal working groups, as well as independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure, determine priorities, and produce results.
- Organized with a strong initiative in time management, work prioritization and independent thinking with a prejudice toward quick action.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and able to present information persuasively to different audiences.
- Minimal travel is required, up to 5% annually.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.