Full Service Wealth Management Firm seeking Senior Manager of Tax Services
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid
Job Description: The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager of Tax Services is to supervise, direct, and coordinate the daily activities of the Tax Services staff to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of services to their clients. The incumbent is responsible to provide technical support to the staff in all areas of taxation handled by Tax Services including but not limited to individual income, fiduciary income, gift, partnership, and exempt organization taxation.
- Supervise and coordinate all the daily activities of the Tax Services staff to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of client services at all times, including the review of the Tax Services staff's work as appropriate
- Prepare and review operating procedures and policies; recommend and assist in drafting and implementing, and periodically reviewing these procedures and policies; ensure compliance by staff members with these procedures and policies.
- Track, and maintain records on the status of all tax returns assigned to the Tax Services staff; ensure filing of these returns in a timely manner; ensure the daily management of the tax system and generation of reports on a scheduled and upon-demand basis; monitor internal and external deadlines related to tax elections as needed.
- Evaluate and allocate staff resources, workload and assignments within the Tax Services unit; coordinate work assignments to make optimum use of these resources; initiate and undertake strategic planning of resources.
- Act as liaison with tax vendors responsible for providing computer & tax preparation services; effectively manage those relationships to ensure adherence to contractual agreements and quality standards.
- Lead Tax Services in knowledge of software, processes and workflows, and oversee training of staff on all new computer systems.
- Provide a link between Tax Services, Estate Settlement, Trust Client Services and lawyers; ensure open lines of communication between the practice area and internal and external clients.
- Monitor and evaluate individual performance of the Tax Services staff; conduct periodic formal and informal meetings with staff to identify strengths and weaknesses; determine any training needs and encourage long-term professional development of individuals. Also direct training and mentoring by senior tax staff for new hires within the group.
- Coordinate systems, procedures and communications which link Tax Services, Estate Settlement, and Trust Client Services; work with the Senior Manager's counterparts in order to accomplish such coordination.
- Determine Tax Services staff: educational, technological and informational needs; be accountable for and manage the Tax Services revenue and expense budget.
- Be able and willing to directly handle tax case loads including preparation of returns and tax planning with clients and/or lawyers as necessary.
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, management or similar related discipline, plus a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in tax/estate/trust administration are required.
- Familiarity with trust accounting systems and working knowledge of individual and fiduciary tax preparation systems are required.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience should reflect significant managerial and supervisory responsibilities.
- An advanced degree or designation in a closely related discipline (i. e., M. S. T., M. B. A., J. D., C. P. A., E. A.) is preferred.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.