Non-profit committed to resolving homelessness seeks a Special Events and Marketing Coordinator to join their development team. Great company culture and team!
Hours/Schedule: 25 hours/week, with additional hours leading up to special events (typically in September and May)
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Onsite at Haverhill, MA, with flexibility for remote work on special projects
Job Description: Working alongside and under the supervision of the Development Manager for Marketing and Events, the Special Events and Marketing Coordinator will work with the team to plan and execute successful fundraising events as well as market the organization to current and prospective donors.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning, including but not limited to: working directly with event vendors; securing cash and in-kind corporate sponsorships; organizing event logistics; interacting with event committee volunteers
- Work alongside Development Manager to execute events including set-up and clean-up; overseeing event volunteers; following event protocols and executing event procedures; troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise
- Create philanthropy collateral materials, event announcements and advertisements; marketing materials for programs, including event flyers and print newsletter
- Assist Development Manager in administering agency website; tasks include updating website, creating new content in partnership with the Development Manager, and revising website calendar
- Develop content for and manage social media channels (currently active on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube)
- Track and analyze communications activities
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Outstanding design and writing skills; experience with managing web content and social media
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple projects, delegate tasks when needed, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail while also maintaining a clear vision of “the big picture”
- Passionate for social justice, social equity, and lifting up low-income/homeless population
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Word Press, Publisher; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign) is preferred
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.