- Take a leadership role in developing a revenue-generating strategy, planning and implementing of successful special events as a part of a coordinated annual fundraising plan. Set and exceed event revenue goals. Work collaboratively with development and program staff to ensure events are well-integrated across the organization, departments and programs.
- Manage and work closely with event management vendors as well as site staff and additional vendors needed for the event; overseeing timelines and deliverables to ensure event success.
- Staff event committees, develop theme, program design, speaker selection, and other aspects of event, working with Development staff and event committees.
- Oversee event logistics and project management, working with a third-party events company (secure and manage venue and vendors, establish and monitor timelines, recruit and manage event volunteers, track solicitation levels, registration and guest lists, logos and ads, payments, and day-of event management.)
- Lead and coordinate corporate and individual sponsorship strategies, including identifying prospects, conducting cultivation and solicitation activities and supporting committee and staff in cultivation and solicitations.
- Ensure revenue generating strategies, stewardship, and support for events are in place and effective.
- Develop communication plan and coordinate production of event collateral including invitations, promotional items, signage, and program books with appropriate internal and external partners.
- Build and update events on Peer-to-Peer fundraising platforms, including creating content and design; produce recruitment and participant emails in line with communications strategy. Requires some basic HTML coding experience.
- Serve as point person for third parties wishing to fundraise or hold an event on behalf of organization. Develop marketing and support strategies, facilitate engagement, and track progress and results for each third party.
- Plan cultivation events, meetings and other smaller events as needed for Board, Council, major donors, and Marathon Team.
- Recruit, train, and supervise interns and volunteers.
- 3 – 5 years of non-profit event experience required; virtual event experience a plus.
- Preference for experience managing peer-to-peer events, breakfast/gala events, marathon team support, corporate and individual sponsorship, major donor cultivation events.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to volunteers, staff, industry peers, donors, and others as required. Attention to detail and aesthetic presentation are important.
- Must be comfortable with phone, video conferencing, email, and in person communication.
- Ability to interact effectively with others and resolve conflicts and internal issues appropriately.
- Functions well as a member of a team.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, strong project management skills required.
- Experience with CRM software and Peer-to-Peer fundraising platforms required. Salesforce and Classy experience preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with HTML a plus.
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to think and act strategically.
- BA or BS preferred.
- Some local travel may be required for industry related conferences as well as visits to other agencies and event sites.
- Lifting/ moving of supplies and being outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather, for events.
- Flexibility in meeting demands and remaining positive during interactions is essential.
- Flexibility in working hours appropriate to meet responsibilities is required.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.