Association based in Alexandria is looking for a Specialist, Conferences and Events Management
Hours/Schedule: Full Time Flex
Job Type: Temp to perm
Location Requirements: Hybrid (will be 2 days in the office later in the year)
Rate: $60,000 – $65,000 salary
Job Description: Oversees and assists with organization, planning, and coordination of conferences, meetings, workshops, and events in support of internal and external customers
- Performs administrative functions, including data entry; internal & external customer service; website updates; and other duties as assigned.
- Oversees travel agency to ensure authorized user information is maintained and accurate; new traveler onboarding is provided; and accurate and prompt communication of travel-related information is provided to staff and other authorized users
- Oversees VIP attendee conference registration for annual conference and exhibition
- Oversees the management office and staff dining room on site.
- Assists with logistical arrangements for workshops, updating logistical requirements in logistics database; confirming requirements with workshop chairs.
- Coordinates small off-site and in-house meetings, contracting venues; developing & managing budgets; overseeing event registration; producing event resumes for venues & vendors; and managing functions on-site, as applicable
- Coordinates show management freight shipments, Specialty Conferences, and other meetings
- Coordinates and ensures accuracy of internal and external marketing/promotional information provided by the Conferences team, Specialty Conferences, and other meetings
- Coordinates staff briefings, scheduling meetings and preparing information for distribution
- Coordinates Midyear Meeting attendee registration in advance and on-site
- Supports registration staff, answering the registration line and processing registrations for events that are handled in-house, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year degree preferred, plus 2+ years related experience
- Excellent computer skills – literate with Microsoft Office 365 Suite of products
- Excellent communication skills and attention to editorial detail
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and handle competing priorities
- Experience supporting events required; experience in planning and managing events preferred • Association or nonprofit experience preferred
- Availability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.