Company: Niche manufacturing company in biotech space.
Location: Billerica, MA. Training will take place onsite, but position will be hybrid after that.
Job Type: Direct
Job Description: Responsible for providing accounting support to the Controller. Primarily responsible for updating worksheet schedules for month-end closing entries and reconciling them to the general ledger system. Responsibilities include:
- Accounts Receivable Management – aging analysis, bad debt analysis, collections.
- Accounts Payable Management – aging analysis, vendor adds and updates.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciations schedules, insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals as well as booking depreciation and amortization.
- Weekly metrics reporting to Management and Sales team – bookings, backlog and revenue.
- Support sales team with monthly Commissions calculations and communications to executive management and sales team.
- Complete monthly consolidation of sites into consolidated financial reports for P&L, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Support accounting controls by working with Controller to maintain the chart of accounts and define and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with end of month, quarter and year close activities.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget for Sales by product category.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience in an accounting role
- Fundamental understanding of financial accounting and GAAP
- 1 to 3 years of experience in QuickBooks
- Advanced skills with MS Excel
- Experience with WebExpense a plus
- Experience with Avatax a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and switch gears easily
- Background in analysis and analytical mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Superb attention to details
- Proactive attitude with high sense of urgency and drive to optimize accounting and finance activities.