Small non-profit in Ashburn, VA seeking a Staff Accountant with QuickBooks online and bill.com experience.
Hours/Schedule: 15-20 hours/week
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote with option to work on location
Job Description: The Staff Accountant manages the financial operations, inclusive of payroll and day to day bookkeeping. Successful candidates will have a strong working knowledge of QuickBooksOnline (QBO) and integrations with Bill.com, payroll, market place and point of sale applications.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board on implementation of accounting and finance related systems, policies and procedures.
- Record and process financial transactions including activity from vendors, online merchant services, and banking activity.
- Manage cash flow, accounts payable, accounts receivable. Record journal entries. Reconcile accounts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
- Assist with budgeting.
- Coordinate completion and filing of annual non-profit tax returns (Form 990).
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
- Ensure fiscal compliance and GAAP Standards.
Knowledge of Quickbooks online and Bill.com
Experience with 501(c)4 non-profits
Experience with payroll
Point of sale experience preferred
Experience with unrelated business income tax (UBIT) and storefront platforms is highly valued
Ability to navigate many input systems and plugins for QuickBooks Online and Chart of Accounts work
A nimbleness with technology is critical
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.