Local small CPA firm with family-friendly culture seeks part-time tax accountant.
Position: Tax Accountant
Company: CPA Firm
Location: Hybrid – remote and in office in Littleton, MA
Job Type: Direct placement
Hours / Schedule: During tax season (Jan – Apr) hours will be 40+/week. During off-season for the remainder of 2023, hours may vary between 10 – 15. Option to reduce hours significantly during summer and off-season, if desired. Opportunity to ramp up hours to full-time (if desired) in 2024 (when one of staff members is planning to retire).
Job Description: Prepare individual and small business tax returns.
- Prepare simple to complex federal and state income tax returns for individuals and small businesses/entities.
- Review financial records and supporting documentation to determine information needed to prepare tax returns.
- Act as a resource to and assist other staff members.
- Contribute to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service.
- Bachelor's degree; CPA preferred but not required
- Significant tax preparation experience including experience preparing tax returns for individuals and small businesses
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Experience with Lacerte tax software a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Customer service focused with good people skills
- Proven flexibility and reliability with strong time management skills
- Organized and able to handle a sizable work-load, prioritize assignments and pay skillful attention to detail