Position Title: Tradeshow and Meeting Specialist
Company: A leader in life sciences with the mission to make people's lives healthier and safer. Through benchmark services and product brands, they accelerate research and improve patient outcomes for their many business clients.
Job Type: Contract for at least 6 months (with possible extension)
Hours/Schedule: Full-time Remote
Rate: $65 – $75/Hour
In this role, you will assist the team in the planning, design and execution of tradeshows, exhibits, meetings and events. This role will also plan and complete smaller tier tradeshows/events, working with partners to project plan, implement and report post event analytics. Travel to tradeshow and event destinations is required for onsite set-up and support.
• Support the meeting objectives and act as a back-up to the Meeting & Event Managers: help in preparation of task schedules, planning presentations and process implementation with team.
• Assist the tradeshow manager in controlling exhibit properties, graphics, and support materials such as giveaways, display properties, literature and other resources for events.
• Collaborate with various areas of marketing to ensure individual event strategies and messaging align to integrated demand generation campaigns and other relevant marketing priorities.
• Lead Tier 2-3 Tradeshows: Develop project proposals, estimates, schedules and budgets; lead planning calls with business partners, order show services and work with 3rd party exhibit house, A/R and A/P invoice processes.
• Coordinate post-events measurement, including client engagement, lead generation, return on investment to analyze and report on impact of events.
• Handle day-to-day oversight of and communication with third-party vendors and tradeshow representatives to ensure consistent and efficient execution of all shows.
• Assist in the development of meeting collateral needed for events: Handle badge and collateral printing as needed and coordinate items for registration packets.
• Optimally communicate event plan and logistics with all relevant partners through various channels, including but not limited to, core team meetings, event email updates, ad hoc presentations, and executive briefing documents.
• Complete the process for suggesting and ordering event giveaways and props as needed: work with vendors to suggest items to partners, gain approvals and process orders for items.
• Develop and maintain Cvent websites for events.
• Lead the processing of invoices for events and ensure that vendors are paid on time; follow up with Accounts Payable on issues related to payments.
• Education: Degree preferred – Marketing, Communications, Event or Meeting Planning – or equivalent experience in the hospitality industry.
• Minimum of 8 years in hospitality or event-related industry.
• Detailed knowledge of tradeshow and hospitality industry including exhibit production processes, meeting planning methods and virtual event experience.
• Strong knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Experience working with meeting management tools and the ability to learn and use new marketing tools such as CRMs, virtual platforms, and project management software.
• Outstanding colleague who is able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to articulate the vision and direction of event objectives and goals to all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing with confirmed skills to influence without authority.
• Strategic problem solver who can take initiative, think creatively and drive additional value to all events.
• Ability to travel at least 25% especially during peak seasons and where needed throughout year (includes some evenings and weekends).
• Ability to handle any physical exertions that can be expected as a part of the job, including some heavy lifting and being on your feet for long periods of time.
• Knowledge of Pharma Industry and CDMO, SalesForce.