IT change management and solutions provider in Falls Church, VA is looking for a part-time Training Specialist/Technical Writer
Hours/Schedule: 20 hours/week
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote
Rate: TBD based on experience
Job Description: This position will include both system-specific technical training and policy compliance technical writing.
- Designing, implementing, and hosting virtual training programs and sessions for a variety of users across the world.
- Developing classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids, and manuals according to specifications, including 508 compliance, team style guides, and agency brand requirements.
- Translate technical and policy documents into plain language knowledge articles for non-expert users.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit IT compliance user documentation, operational procedures and manuals.
- Designing and facilitating training primarily remotely
- Develop an Organizational Change Management (OCM) and Training Plan defining approach, artifacts, and effective campaigns and communications
- Develop accurate, error-free and 508-compliant Final Training Materials in classroom, online and video formats
- Schedule and conduct training
- Collect feedback and survey data and incorporate into an OCM and Training Impact Assessments and Lessons Learned Report.
- Communicating with subject-matter experts on instructional design methods and their specific deliverables.
- 3-4 years minimum of training and/or technical writing experience
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to train non-technical users on how to use software
- Training program design skills to create programs that will have the best impact among users
- Knowledge of military culture and organization
- Excellent writing and communication
- Organization and reporting skills
- Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED!
- Knowledge of traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.