Boston based and high-end travel company seeks part-time, experienced Travel Agent to support work in corporate and leisure travel, as well as meeting and event logistics.
Hours / Schedule: Option for part-time (approximately 20-25 hours/week) or up to 40hrs/week, hybrid 2 days/week in office once training is complete.
Job Type: Hourly Contract
Location: Hybrid in Boston, MA (located near public transportation)
Job Description: High-end travel services company who specializes in meetings and events, logistics, corporate travel, and leisure travel. Our client offers bespoke planning and services with dedicated and experienced advisors. Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of the complex logistics involved in crafting itineraries. Interested candidates should be exceptional communicators, with an ability to take a client’s request and build their desired travel package.
- Provide high-touch personalized sales and coordination of travel arrangements for clients, including accommodations, insurance, tours, and activities.
- Coordinate all transportation, reservations, and accommodations on behalf of the clients.
- Research, assist, and provide helpful solutions for any unforeseen travel issues, conflicts, complaints, cancelations, and refunds related to client's travel arrangements and schedules
- Work with clients to collect payments for travel arrangements and applicable fees
- Maintains accurate records of bookings, payments, transactions, phone calls, and meetings
- Work as part of dedicated team to contribute to the agency’s efforts by accomplishing all tasks related to customer's needs, including ticket processing, clerical functions, specialty requests, and service
- Remain up-to-date with airline rules and regulations, as well as industry requirements when coordinating and processing travel arrangements
- Attend regular training meetings regarding current travel industry and office procedure standards
Previous experience as Travel Agent/Advisor – preference for candidates who have corporate travel experience
3+ years of experience using SABRE
Strong sales and interpersonal skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Ability to negotiate effectively
Strong problem-solving skills
Detail oriented and highly organized
Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
Working knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
Strong proficiency in MS Office Programs, especially Outlook, Word and Excel (PowerPoint a plus)
Proven Customer Service Experience with ability to be flexible, adaptable to changing plans and requests as well as constructive guidance
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.