FLEXPROFESSIONALS/UNCOMMON THREADS BOSTON WOMEN’S CLOTHING DRIVE
Collection Dates: Monday (4/18) to Friday (4/29)
FlexProfessionals Boston, with help from our generous community partners, will be collecting gently used and new clothing to assist women in the Boston metro area with dressing confidently. Donations will be given to Uncommon Threads, an innovative nonprofit in Lawrence, MA, that helps low-income women build self-esteem and self-worth by addressing all aspects of a woman’s clothing needs through styling sessions and workshops Women are referred to Uncommon Threads by area health and social service agencies.
Our 2022 donation partner, to whom all clothing collected will be given, is Uncommon Threads, Read more about how donations will be used here.
Spring and Summer Clothing Needed
Our donation partner is looking for causal business and lifestyle attire. Please ensure that all items donated are free from damage and stains, are freshly dry-cleaned or laundered, in new or nearly new condition, and not more than five years old. Donations accepted:
- New or gently used handbags
- ALL types of jewelry
- Plain, black leggings
- Jeans (skinny or straight) in all sizes, especially sizes 10-18
- Capris and moderate length shorts
- Casual dresses (no formal or career dresses please)
- Sneakers in like-new condition (slip-on & athletic styles)
- Shoes-flats and sandals in size 7.5 and higher only (no high platform sandals and/or heels)
- Brand new socks and/or underwear in the original packaging only
- Casual short sleeved and sleeveless tops, all sizes
- High-end designer pieces for resale in the Uncommon Closet Store (must be in perfect condition)
COMMUNITY COLLECTION PARTNERS
The following organizations have generously offered their places of business as drop-off locations for clothing donations. Drop-off hours and addresses are listed below.
364 Granite Ave.
Milton, MA 02186
397 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02474
217 Main Street
North Reading, MA 01864
Anytime; bin is located
in covered area outside door
Are you a job seeker? Learn more about our services, view open positions, and sign-up for our weekly jobs newsletter here.