Account Executive – Boston
Location: Remote but will require the ability to attend 2+ in-person staff meetings/month, meet periodically with business clients, and attend some networking events in the Boston metro area. FlexProfessionals’ physical office is in Burlington, MA.
Job Type: Permanent part-time
Hours / Schedule: Approximately 30 – 40 hours per week with lots of schedule flexibility. Hours will fluctuate up or down weekly, depending upon caseload and client needs.
Salary: Base salary of $36,000, plus commission
Job Description: Manage and grow a portfolio of client accounts (employers) for direct and hourly placements through FlexProfessionals. Job includes full-desk recruiting supported by a talent staff who recruit and fill our candidate pool. Job responsibilities include:
Manage Client Accounts
- Develop job orders for job leads received and/or assigned, including developing job descriptions and recording and advertising jobs via FlexProfessionals applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Search ATS for and identify potential candidates for open jobs.
- Screen potential candidates for jobs through phone interviews.
- Match and propose candidates to clients. Schedule interviews between candidates and client and work with the client until placement is made or job is no longer active.
- Support negotiation of salary or hourly pay rate and other arrangements with clients and candidates.
- Complete required contract paperwork for the placement.
- Follow-up with clients and candidates to ensure success after placements are made.
- Maintain up-to-date client, job, and candidate status in ATS.
- Maintain contact with clients and continue to market and cultivate business from the existing client network.
- Identify and cultivate new clients through a variety of means including leveraging existing relationships, networking, meetings, calls, etc.
- Capture new clients and potential job leads.
- Work in highly collaborative environment to share knowledge of clients, candidates, and strategies to facilitate success across all accounts.
- Assist FlexProfessionals in continuing to strengthen and grow its business through branding, marketing, awareness building, and quality execution.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years’ professional work experience, preferably in a corporate work environment.
- Proven track record in business development and/or account management in a service-oriented industry.
- Recruiting experience is a plus but not required.
- Independent, self-starter with excellent time management and project management skills.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and proactively and regularly communicates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Well-versed in MS Office Suite and a quick learner who can master online database systems.
- Flexibility to attend networking events approximately 1 to 2 times per month, some of which may be early morning and/or after-hours.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
FlexProfessionals Career Re-Entry Internship Program
Feeling rusty, lacking confidence, and worried about your technology skills after a career break?? We want you to intern for us! More than 20 amazing interns have finished the program so far, with positive reviews. This is what the program looks like:
- 8-12 weeks in duration with highly flexible schedule. Approximately 10 hours/week, with about 50% of time at our offices in Fairfax City and the other 50% virtual.
- Virtual work is almost 100% administrative, and it will allow you to learn or brush up on essential workplace productivity tools, such as MS Office Suite, Google Suite, a custom database, WordPress, and a custom database. We will teach you what you don’t know.
- We will provide you with the opportunity to complete one substantive project that is aligned with your interests or sharpens your skills in a key area.
- On-site time is mostly professional development time for you – observing real-life job interviews, attending staff meetings where you will learn about the job market and meet our team, and attending our job search workshops.
- This is an unpaid opportunity, but we will provide 1-1 job coaching throughout the process and work with you to fine-tune your resume and bio.
To apply: please send a 1 paragraph email introducing yourself and expressing why this internship is of interest to you. Email Sheila Murphy at email@example.com.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Candidates are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.