Sales Development Consultant (Part-time, Project – ON HOLD)
FlexProfessionals is seeking a sales development consultant to help position and expand its business, with focus on the Wash DC, Arlington and Montgomery County markets.
Location: Our office is in Fairfax, VA, but much of the work can be done virtually
Job Type: Part-time project, for approx 6 months
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 16 hours/week with flexible schedule
Salary: $30/hr plus commission on placements made through cultivated leads
Job Description: We are looking for a “hunter” sales person who can identify qualified leads, persuasively articulate the value of FlexProfessionals services, and set appointments. Reporting to a FlexProfessionals partner, the Sales Development Representative is responsible for securing initial sales meetings with decision makers (i.e. HR, executives, hiring managers) within small-mid-sized businesses, with emphasis on the Montgomery County and Arlington/Wash DC markets. Role includes prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the Account Executives. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including personal network, networking events, LinkedIn and individual research. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential!
- Research and develop target list of qualified clients via web and LinkedIn
- Identify and attend most effective networking/live events to reach target customer
- Initiate and develop relationships via email, phone and in-person events with decision makers and qualify sales opportunities
- Record all “touch points” in database and work with Account Execs to ensure smooth transition when passing on qualified leads
- Set up a target number of sales meetings per month (specific targets established prior to start)
Attend FlexProfessionals meetings for progress updates (1x/month)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years of professional work experience in B2B sales, business development and/or lead generation a MUST
- Rolodex or established contacts within the Montgomery County, Arlington and/or downtown DC areas, strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to actively listen, the ability to be assertive and persuasive, and the ability to learn and think on your feet
- Basic computer skills (Word/Excel) are also required for efficient documentation and research
- High energy individual who shares a passion for FlexProfessionals’ mission and model
- Flexibility to attend periodic networking events, some of which may be early morning and/or after-hours
FlexProfessionals Career Re-Entry Internship Program
Feeling rusty, lacking confidence, and worried about your technology skills after a career break?? We want you to intern for us! More than 20 amazing interns have finished the program so far, with positive reviews. This is what the program looks like:
- 8-12 weeks in duration with highly flexible schedule. Approximately 10 hours/week, with about 50% of time at our offices in Fairfax City and the other 50% virtual.
- Virtual work is almost 100% administrative, and it will allow you to learn or brush up on essential workplace productivity tools, such as MS Office Suite, Google Suite, a custom database, WordPress, and a custom database. We will teach you what you don’t know.
- We will provide you with the opportunity to complete one substantive project that is aligned with your interests or sharpens your skills in a key area.
- On-site time is mostly professional development time for you – observing real-life job interviews, attending staff meetings where you will learn about the job market and meet our team, and attending our job search workshops.
- This is an unpaid opportunity, but we will provide 1-1 job coaching throughout the process and work with you to fine-tune your resume and bio.
To apply: please send a 1 paragraph email introducing yourself and expressing why this internship is of interest to you. Email Sheila Murphy at email@example.com.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Candidates are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.