Full service property management and development firm in the WDC metro area is looking for a Controller with Real Estate/Property Management accounting expertise
Hours/Schedule: Full-time/Flex, or with a candidate with these skills client will consider Part-time
Job Type: Direct
Location : Hybrid
Rate: 120k-160k, with excellent benefits
Job Description: Controller to lead a Real Estate Management and Development organization located in Washington, DC. The individual that is hired for this position will work closely with the Commercial and Residential Property Managers, as well as Executive management. They will have full charge of the accounting operation.
- Treasury Management
- Oversee Bank and Credit Card Management and reconciliation
- Tenants Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Inter-company allocations and reconciliations among multiple entities
- Payroll Oversight
- Financial Reporting – internal, 3rd party, bonding company, annual reviewed and audited financials, partner distribution and financial reporting
- Full month-end Close cycle of the portfolio for residential and commercial properties
- Coordination with 3rd party accountants/auditors
- Filings of various state and local returns
- Coordinate annual benefits renewals with employees and carriers
- CPA or similar credentials reflecting a strong foundation of finance and accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Prior real estate property management accounting, including practical hands on experience strongly preferred (Including Treasury management, Property cost allocations, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable)
- Demonstrated skills and experience related to the full cycle of payroll management, compliance and accounting
- Proficient technology adoption skills (ability to adopt to technologies aligned with the needs of the position)
- Demonstrated practical experience with Real Estate Property management accounting systems
- MRI, AvidXchange experience preferred
- Critical thinking and problem resolution
- Experience working in a family run business
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Demonstrated discipline to work independently
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.