Instrument and consumable manufacturer for pharmaceutical research and QC market seeks full-time/flex Controller.
Company: Manufacturer of instruments and consumables for pharmaceutical research laboratories and QC laboratories. Company also operates as a Contract Research Organization utilizing its laboratory to solve customer problems. Operations in MA and UK.
Location: Billerica, MA; Hybrid – 4 days on site, 1 day remote
Job Type: Permanent
Schedule/Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: $140,000
Job Description: Reporting to the CFO, the Controller manages, coordinates, and analyzes the organization's financial aspects. The candidate will work with the senior management team to develop processes that will contribute to the overall growth and scalability of the company. A data-focus mindset is essential as part of the support for future acquisition integration and real-time reporting requirements. Responsible for supervising the overall accounting functions of two offices locations, including month-end closing and oversight of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. The Controller oversees the annual financial statement audits, 401(k) audits, quarterly bank covenant reports, and annual budgeting process with the CFO.
- Responsible for managing month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting closes
- Responsible for managing the preparation of the company's monthly financial statement reporting package to include budget vs. actual analyses and forecasting
- Full accounting responsibility for the company's legal entities in the UK and future legal subsidiaries.
- Research complex accounting issues and implement procedures to ensure transactions are properly recorded under US GAAP
- Produce cash-flow reports, calculate cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and manage daily cash
- Ensure revenue recognition for contracts is in accordance with GAAP
- Manage tax compliance
- Manage financial operations functions – accounts payable, accounts receivable, and equity administration
- Act as the point of contact on audits, including the annual financial statement audits, bank audit, worker's compensation audits, and 401(k) audits.
- Oversee successful and clean annual financial statement audit and preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Lead annual budgeting process
- Manage and supervise inside and outside accounting staff
- Assist in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring and improving internal controls
- Evaluate, select and implement systems for scale
- Assist with due diligence related to financings
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required
- Manage documentation related to corporate governance, insurance, and legal agreements
- Oversee IT practices and ensure compliance with written procedures
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA is a plus
- MS-Office proficiency, specifically advanced Excel skills
- Experience with M&A is ideal, specifically integration processes
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with implementation of new accounting system
- Experience with contracts compliance and commercial terms and conditions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and switch gears easily
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP, general ledger, and month-end processes
- Willingness to "roll-up the sleeves" and get things done
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal-oriented, and someone who can work independently
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
- Teamwork and ability to interface with employees and all levels of management
- Ability to travel occasionally
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.